Sunday, December 13, 2009

What age is right to shave legs & put makeup?

My legs are super hairy but my parents won't let me. What is the right age for make-up and leg shaving?What age is right to shave legs %26amp; put makeup?
I would say you should be able to shave your legs as soon as you have leg hair. As far as makeup goes, I guess I'd say when you're in 8th grade but you really risk looking like a big slut. When you get to high school most girls don't wear very much makeup at all and the ones who do look like big whores.What age is right to shave legs %26amp; put makeup?
I think that as soon as a considerable amount of hair grows on a girl's armpits and legs that they should be able to shave them. I was 11 when I first shaved. I started wearing makeup when I was 13 and in 8th grade.





I think you should explain to your parents that it is embarrassing you that you have hairy legs, and that you feel that you are mature enough to shave your legs. If they let you, be very careful as it is easy to cut yourself a lot the first time. I know I did, lol. If you show them you can shave without cutting yourself maybe they will be okay with you shaving. You could also add in that the other girls your age are shaving and wearing makeup (if that is the case). Maybe start small with the makeup. You could start by asking them if you could wear eyeliner and work your way up from there to mascara, to eyeshadow, etc.








:)
I am a parent of a 10 year old girl who wants to shave her super hairy legs! I have said 'no' for now as it is the winter, but maybe in the spring when she is 11. I know she has been concious of her legs for a while but didn't feel she was old enough to start shaving. It's hard for parents, because shaving legs goes with growing up and not being a child anymore %26amp; your parents probably feel that you are still very much a child. Have you developed in any other areas? (Breasts, pubic hair, underarm hair) - if you have then explain to your mum that your body is changing and it is all part of puberty %26amp; you need to shave to help you cope with these changes and make you feel comfortable with your body as it changes....this is what my thought process was in allowing my nearly 11 year old to shave her legs! If the rest of her body is ready for change then I figured I should let her beable to control the changes in some way %26amp; give her confidence in herself for her own body.





Hope some of this helps in you figuring what to say to mom! :-)





Make up - I would say 14-15 for everyday wear but I let mine (9%26amp;10) wear make-up for parties/school discos - just a bit of lippy %26amp; eye stuff.
My daughter used Nair, rather than shaving, when she was in jr high school (middle school). My daughter seldom wears makeup and she's 19, wore a little once in awhile in jr high and high school, but not regularly.
Shaving- Around 12 maybe a little younger or older depending on how you're developing


Makeup- Around 13 it looks a little trashy if your younger then that





I hope I helped good luck talking to them :)





p.s. Sometimes parents don't understand what your going through most of my friends didn't ask them before shaving for the first time
I was in your same situation when I was 11... I personally believe 11, but my parents thought shaving was unnatural! do it once, with your mom or dads, or if you are unconfirtqble with that, ask them if you can TRY! my mom said yes. then you tell them they should respect your opinion, that it is your body and decision. tell them if they don't guide you through it, you could make a foolish mistake in the future when your parents aren't there. I hope this helps!:] and don't be nervous about asking them... they re you PARENTS!
Shaving, whenever it really starts to bother you. I would say..11-12


Make-up: Pre-teen years, I guess around 12, 13...something like that. I started wearing make up when I was about 13.
i think as soon as a girl starts to notice the hair on her legs and is bothered by it equals when its time to shave..makeup..i started when i was in 6th grade! but that is dif. for everybody..
When you start to get embarrassed about your unshaved legs, I believe that's the right time your parents should let you shave them. You should be in at least middle school before you start wearing makeup.
the right age for shaving is about 11 (6th grade)


and the normal age for putting on makeup I would say is about 15-16 (I wouldnt really know because I dont do it yet im only 12)
shaving- 12 or 13





make up- 13





help me?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
For shaving I would say 6th grade.


For makeup, I'd say a Freshman in high school.
shaving legs - 12 - 13


makeup - 13-14 for makeup dont put too much! less is more
make up= 12 or 13


shaving legs= i started in 6th grade (11?)
i started shaving in 6th grade


and makeup in 7th





just do it w/o their knowledge
i started shaving my legs in 6th grade and 13 and older is ok for makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment