Sunday, December 13, 2009

Help! My parents won't let me shave my legs or let me wear makeup.?

Okay, well I'm 13 and really honest with my parents so I won't do anything without their permission. I've tried waxing and using Nair/Veet but they take too long, are pretty expensive and using Nair/Veet is smelly. I've looked up a lot of things to try and convince my parents to let me shave but no matter what I say, they will keep saying ';No';. My parents shut down the idea of makeup too. It's not that I wanna wear loads everyday, but a little won't hurt right? All the girls in my class do those two, and I'm definitely NOT following peer-pressure, but I'd like to do the same. HELP?!Help! My parents won't let me shave my legs or let me wear makeup.?
OMG!me too.just go shopping with ur friends then by anything you want and hide it in ur room.i don't know anything about shaving.i just don't do it.Help! My parents won't let me shave my legs or let me wear makeup.?
Do you know WHY they won't let you shave?





As for make-up, show them that you'll wear it responsibly, as in, you won't look like the streetcorner whore. :P


If they see you in the morning, you HAVE to show them what your make-up looks like before you leave for school.





If they still say no...


Well, ask for the privilege as a birthday present or something?


Otherwise, just be good and ask another time.
Just keep using nair in my opinion is looks better after than shaving, but thats so stupid they won't let you wear make-up. Just buy some and wear a little bit. Nothing too noticeable though. And ask them what age you can start wearing make up. But its ok to not wear any its more natural and people will respect you for that.
Well, I just ran into this problem... Someone I knew said that I was ugly and that my mom was prettier than me. and that i would never get a guy. RIGHT TO MY FACE. Sooooo, I went home crying and told them that they should let me wear makeup. My mom felt so bad that she spent the whole saturday trying to find my shade. People can be so mean, dont let it get to you.
That is excatly how I feel my mom gets mad when I wear makeup, so she is like you don't need makeup. You are fine without it. But about shaving if it isnt very much needed rite now thats ok if it is bad, say mom can I plz shave my legs they need it. Hope it helps
wtf why would you ask them to shave your legs or even try to convince them?


just do it





what r they gonna do?





hit you? even if they do its not not having hairy legs


eventually theyll get over


hopefully
If you can use Nair, you can buy some disposable razors and use them. A little lip gloss won't be noticeable.
do it behind their back. just get a razor it doesnt hurt and dont take long!
being the oldest, i definitely had this same exact problem. here's how to deal with it...





Shaving:


keep some Nair in the bathroom to make it look like you use it, but go out to the store and buy a razor (the brand doesn't really matter)and some shaving cream (skintimate mango is the best) and just hide it in your room or the bathroom.





Makeup:


gradually work up to it. start by buying some mascara. put just a little bit on so your parents probably won't notice. if they never find out about that, start using eyeliner on the top of your eyes, just a thin layer. once you move past that, apply just a little eyeliner on the bottoms, very light and only halfway across. just continue with everything else and eventually they'll just be used to it.





hope that helped!
yea im 13 too but my mom isnt that strict.....we go shopping together and everything........but yea i totally shave my legs all the time i first used the nair stuff but then i found out i was allergic so i just started to use a razor. i dont see wat the big deal is.........and yea i can put on makeup too. every day i wash my face really good and put some of that coverup stuff but not too much or ull look pale either that or some bare minerals and then some mascara and eyeliner and eyeshadow........my mom never really said i wasnt allowed i just started one day and she helpes me when i need help with the eyeliner ans stuff...........srry keep tryin.....dont be anxious!! shaving with a razor is a pain in the butt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment